Thursday, May 26, 2016

Around Here

Here's a glimpse of what's been happening around here!

The peonies continue to show off.  Each stem has so many blooms on it that they are now drooping over and laying on the ground because the stem can't support the weight of so many blooms.  I've been trying to cut them and bring them inside so they don't lay on the ground and rot.




Baby Cassidy took her first tractor ride with The Farmer and could not have been more unimpressed.  She fell asleep within the first five minutes we were in the tractor and slept the entire time we rode.

She actually got so deeply asleep that she didn't even wake up when we left the field or drove home.  Once we were home, she stayed asleep in her car seat for two more hours.  She is a light sleeper, so this was very unusual for her.  I told The Farmer that whenever she's fighting her nap (which is often), I'm going to send her out with him on the tractor. :)


Harlee and Cassidy are becoming good friends.  I have a mat that Cassidy lays on with toys that hang over it, and one day I laid her on it to entertain her while I was cooking.  I looked over a couple minutes later and Harlee had gone and laid right beside her. 

A couple of minutes after I took this picture, I looked over again and Harlee was licking Cassidy's hand.  Haha!  I made her stop and washed Cassidy's hand, because I know what that dog licks/eats when she's outside and that's just gross, but it was sweet too. I hope they always like each other so well!

I don't have pictures, but I've been working on the yard and garden when Cassidy naps.  I've got 3 tomato plants, a pepper plant, two hills of cucumbers, and onions in the garden.  I just bought green bean seeds and hope to get them planted soon.  I also bought some more perennials for my perennial flower bed, and lots of zinnias for the other flower bed.  I bought some annuals as well for the flower pots by our door, but ran out of potting soil.  I hope to make it to town soon to get more potting soil so I can get the rest of them planted.

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! Oh, to be able to sleep that soundly... :) -Katrina

    ReplyDelete