Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Better Late Than Never

Well this post is like a year late in happening, but oh well.  I recently found my digital camera that's been lost for a year.  (It was in a bag with extra lighters from our wedding...I had stocked up to make sure we had plenty to get all the candles lit before the ceremony.  Not sure why I threw the camera in there as I was packing for the move to the farm?!)  All the pictures I had taken on our honeymoon in Cancun were on the camera, and it was so fun to go back and look at them today!

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya in Cancun, Mexico.  Neither of us had ever been to an all-inclusive resort like that before, so we didn't have anything to compare it to, but I thought it was great. 

There were two huge pools at the resort.  The  main pool was full of people all day, there were tons of activities scheduled there (water volleyball, dunk contests, aqua Zumba, etc.) and music blasting and all the entertainment you could ever ask for.  I didn't take this photo (it's on their website), but here's a shot of the main pool:

There was another, quieter pool that was equally as gorgeous.  This one was for people who didn't want all the noise and activity and just wanted to lay out and soak up the sun, or sit by the water and read, or just float lazily.  This pool ran right past our room.  We literally walked out our patio door and in 10 steps we were in the pool.  I stole this photo off their website; it's taken from the far side of the quiet pool looking back towards the building where we stayed:

The beach was just a few steps further from the main pool.  It was gorgeous and everything you think of when you think about a beach in the Caribbean, but I didn't take any pictures there during the day because it was always full of people.  

One morning, we had booked an off-site excursion for the day and had to be ready for the shuttle to pick us up early in the morning, so I talked The Farmer into getting up a little bit early so we could walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise before we caught our shuttle.  It was beautiful, even though it was pretty overcast that morning.



Our excursion that day included a stop in the jungle to go repelling and zip lining, snorkeling through an underground cave, then on to some Mayan ruins at Tulum.  Here we are in our repelling/zip lining gear:

The Mayan ruins were beautiful, as was the beach they overlook:



The grounds at the resort were so beautiful!


And the beach view wasn't bad either!

Especially since I got to experience it with this guy! :)

It was a great trip.  Probably not one we'll repeat any time soon, but a very welcome sunny and warm getaway in the middle of a cold, dreary Kansas winter.













2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous pics--I especially like the wide angle of the beach (how did you do that?). And I LOL'd to see my name on the Farmer's shirt :). -Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't even see that but yes, his shirt was from a Campus Crusade trip to help with relief/rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina. The wide angle picture of the beach was just me playing around with the panorama setting on my camera. Wish I could have taken a couple when the sun was out so you could see how blue the water was!

      Delete